Vinyl doll shoes

noinwiJanuary 27, 2010

Have any of you made vinyl shoes for AG dolls? I'm attempting this using some old remnants of naugahyde. It is fabric backed and fairly soft. The pattern uses linings and interfacings for fabrics, but I was wondering if I can skip those with the vinyl. Plus, the vinyl can be cut cleanly and will not fray on the edge, so maybe I can just cut on the stitching line if using a single layer? I also don't have the art foam for the soles, but I do have some stiffer vinyl remnants I thought I would use for the soles. Ha-ha!! I guess I don't have anything that the pattern calls for! One more thing is that the (outer) sole is glued to the inner sole and I was thinking if I reverse the inner sole when sewing it to the shoe top, the sole(also fabric backed) would adhere much better to the shoe. Clear as mud? Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

I havn't made them for AG,but have made them for other dolls,and with the vinyl i didn't line it either.Don't think i added any thing extra to the soles either.Did this several years ago ,so really don't remember all the details.
Kathi

Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 4:57PM
noinwi

Thanks Kathi!! I'll forge ahead and see what happens. I have plenty of remnants for back-up!

Bookmark   January 27, 2010 at 5:22PM
noinwi

These should have been easier than they were, LOL!! This was the second pair, the first pair was horrible! I didn't bother with the outer sole. At least you can't tell too much that I made two right feet! I had to re-stitch the toe to make them sort of foot neutral...arrgghhh!!
They look a little pink on my monitor, but they're just white.

Bookmark   January 28, 2010 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™