Oval Cutter Help

gagmaMarch 10, 2004

I have a fiskar cutter that won't stay locked.

I start the cut and then it keeps getting smaller in size.

Any tricks to keeping this fixed or do I need a new one?

I use a cutting board, maybe I need their templates instead?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MIStepMom

gagama: I had a fiskars circle cutter and could never get it to work right. I just returned it to Target. I really like the cutting system from CM (Cre@tive Memories). Easy to use and never a mistake. I am going to try others though to use with shape sizes that CM doesn't have. I have seen Colozzule (?sp) which has about 5 sizes for each shape and that would be great when matting pictures with several different colors. Good Luck

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 9:56AM
phyllis_philodendron

Are you talking about the round one with the "spring" in the middle, where you lower the blade as needed? I used one that belonged to a friend of mine and didn't care for it. It's the one that follows a cutting template and works kind of like a Spyrograph (remember those?!) I was pretty disappointed. I've been looking for something that can cut ovals and circles cleanly. Any other suggestions? I"ll look up the CM cutter you mentioned.

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 12:48PM
stephmc72

I second the CM cutting system...it's GREAT!!!!!!!! Nothing beats it, and it's so easy.

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 3:01PM
phyllis_philodendron

How much do these cost? I'm really hesitant about going through a representative - it reminds me of other unnamed popular consultant-based organizations and you inevitably get talked into buying more! Can I find something simliar more cheaply, without having to order it?

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 3:09PM
gagma

Thank you for all the info. I purchased the Creative Memories Cutting System with oval today. I haven't used it but I'll start in this weekend. I found a consultant on the Creative Memories website for my area. Very nice woman and helpful. The cost was $38.00 plus tax. She left me a catalog for other interests I might have. She asked if I was interested in classes, etc. and at this time I'm not. She was fine with that. Good experience. Can't wait to try my new tools.

Bookmark   March 12, 2004 at 8:02PM
stephmc72

Check out eBay Phyllis...there are alot of them listed on there, and sometimes you can get them cheaper than through a rep.

Bookmark   March 14, 2004 at 12:23AM
phyllis_philodendron

$38 isn't bad, especially if the product does what it says it does! I was expecting it to be outrageous or something. I suppose I could justify that to myself since I"ve been driving all over the place looking for something similar and not quite finding what I wanted. I looked on Ebay but I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, I will try again. Thanks!

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 9:27PM
heather_on

Phyllis I like the CM products for the fancy shapes too.

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 11:12PM
ctmom88

Here is another plug for the CM cutting system. I love them! If you check out other popular scrapping sites, CM circle/oval cutters get rave reviews. I had no luck w/ the Fiskars Oval cutter either.

If you have all 3 CM blades (red, blue, green) you should be able to mat your pics easily. Enjoy!

Bookmark   May 8, 2004 at 2:53AM
More Discussions
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Photo Refill Pages
I am hoping that you guys can help me with this problem...
cajelidi
Ideas/suggestions hosting party
I have a place with available table and chairs. I was...
ondrea_carina_leaf
How to correct a 15 year mistake
I have 15 PHOTO ALBUMS that I bought about 15 years...
sandra60102
Selling my Cricut
I need to sell my cricut, Where can I post this? its...
southerncrafter
Sponsored Products
Tommy Bahama Tropical Palms Rug
$559.00 | FRONTGATE
Habersham Belmont 93H Library - 2 Unit with Glass Shelves
LuxeDecor
Tetris Rug 4' x 6' - IVORY
$499.00 | Horchow
Possini Euro Azle 20" Wide Brushed Nickel Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
Balia Rug 3'6" x 5'6" - IVORY
$169.00 | Horchow