potato bags

missa7January 10, 2012

I have found tater baker bags, they say to use 100% cotton everything. Walmart has a fire retardant rayon batting do you think that would work or they also have pellon one 100% cotton batting ... do you think that would work? Or even just warm & natural 100% cotton batting? Not sure if they have warm tater or not.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
new-beginning

I wouldn't use the rayon one - you might want to ask the QUILTING bunch ....Carolyn

Bookmark   January 10, 2012 at 8:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
murphy_zone7

Be very careful of the batting you use in these. If you do not use 100% COTTON they can catch fire in your microwave. Don't ask me how I know so much about this....LOL. (the slight burn still shows) This is especially true if your microwave is in the higher wattages.
There is a batting made of 100% cotton especially for "tater bags". Some quilt stores carry it and it can be found online. Made by warm and natural.
As far as the 100% cotton batting you found, just make sure it is 100% cotton. In other words, read the small print and be careful.
I love my bag and use if for more than potatoes. Especially now that it doesn't catch fire!!

Bookmark   January 12, 2012 at 6:53AM
More Discussions
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
caroline94535
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
Help me pick: Brother xl3750 or Singer 4423?
I'd like to get into some sewing projects, I did some...
williamsem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™