"Experience" Gifts

jannieNovember 20, 2012

One year my single SIL told me she likes "experience" gifts, like movie or play tickets, rather than clothing or food or tschotkes. So I make an effort every year to come up with something novel. One year I made up a "TV" viewing basket for her - a big plastic bowl, several packets of microwave popcorn, Blockbuster gift cards,several candy bars, a TV Guide magazine. other years I give movie or play tickets. Not sure what I'll give her this year. She recently moved.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LuAnn_in_PA

How about gift cards to something in her new town?

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 11:47AM
sushipup1

One year we gave a family a membership to the local aquarium. I like LuAnn's suggestion to find something in her new town, like a museum or other attraction.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 12:35PM
dinkans

Several years ago we bought season passes for a near by children's dinner theatre as gifts for our 3 grandchildren. My husband wasn't too keen on the deal, but the outings were such a special time for all of us! "Theatre" has become a tradition since then and we all look forward to the next production (and an ice cream stop on the way home!) Only problem. . .We now have 3 young additions to our family and I'm thinking car seating will be tight in the future years! (Such happy "problems"!!)

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
are your sheets coming off?
MY SHEETS WERE ALWAYS COMING OFF OF THE BED. ON A SHOPPING...
wjswecampbell
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
Is this freebie site safe to use?
I found this site today but wasn't sure if I should...
marie26
Cable alternatives
We are moving to a place where we are unable to get...
mrsgym
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™