It's the little things

patricia_lynnNovember 25, 2006

I programmed 1-800Free411 into my cell phone and as a result will no longer have to pay for 411 calls. It's funny but I don't think I've ever used 411 more often. It's a great service. Even greater now that it's free.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie26

This had been posted on another thread and I, too, programmed it into my cell phone and my home phone. I must admit, though, that those ads (which do make the service free) drive me nuts.

Bookmark   November 25, 2006 at 8:43PM
patricia_lynn

Well, so long as it's someone else footing the bill and not me I can deal with an advert or two.

I went around telling my son and his friends about it and just got the "well duh" eye rolls. Apparently this has been around longer than I realized. I only just discovered it. Wish I'd known about it sooner.

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 1:58AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

I was the one who had posted it a while back, but had forgotten it since then. Because you brought it up again, I passed the 'good' word on the 2 friends recently. They were adults, and did not roll their eyes, but were thankful to learn of the free directory assistance.

Regular directory assistance (1+area code+555-1212) used to be $1.75 per call, if you got your number or not. I wonder with a prepaid cell phone (like I have), how one is charged, or if there are just a lot of minutes ($1.75 worth), deducted.

Hmmm, will have to check that out sometime. With my page plus, I have to buy $10 worth of minutes every 4 months, to keep the phone account active. Since it is just used for calling out convenience occasionally, I always have minutes stockpiled.

Sue

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 6:30AM
patricia_lynn

I'd suppose you'd just pay for the airtime like you would any other call. $10 for 4 months is dirt cheap. If you're getting by on that you're doing pretty good.

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
credit card question
I have a large amount of credit card debt from various...
christians1
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
Cable alternatives
We are moving to a place where we are unable to get...
mrsgym
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™