I need your honest opinion please

gluecilleOctober 28, 2003

I posted this in another forum but thought you could give me some info also...

Every Wednesday at work we have a sale that consists of close to date items which are verrrry cheap. Most things I just put in the freezer or we eat it right away. Last week I bought a case of Mega Lunchables, the big ones with the Cola, Nacho's, Cheese and salsa. I thought they would be good to take to work for lunch. They are taking up all of my space in my frig. Would it be terrible if I gave them out for Halloween treats? They don't expire until the end of next week.

I need the truth, what do you think? Would you throw them away if they were in your childs trick or treat bag?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joyfulguy

Two questions:

How would you feel about getting one of those lunch buddies in your "Tricks for Treats" bag ... if you were a kid?

Would you feel comfortable in putting your name and phone number on the pack with magic marker, so that the Mom in question would know that you were not pulling some kind of nasty trick on her kid?

joyful guy

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 2:57AM
maxwell

Don't forget that little kids lug their treat bags aound for quite a distance. Do you really think it's appropriate to give them something that heavy and bulky? I'd also be concerned about that expiration date being so close. Not everyone pays a lot of attention to such things, and you might risk a kid eating it after the date has passed.

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 9:54AM
janetwilson

Don't do it. If my child got something like that in a trick or treat bag it would end up in the garbage. Sorry, but that's just how I feel.

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 4:09PM
NebrJewel

I would have to agree with Janet - those things need to be refrigerated and I would worry as to long they had been out. If you want to give them away, I would suggest the closest "soup kitchen".

Bookmark   October 29, 2003 at 5:51PM
gluecille

I think I will just give them to the children I know.

Yes joyful i would put my name and address on them I'm really glad that you mentioned that, I will put one of my address stickers on them right on top where you open them. They are not the kind that have meat or anything like that in them. They have a cola, a bag of nacho's, sealed plastic containters with pull off lids containing cheese and salsa (the kind you find in Kraft mac and cheese in the foil bags that sit on the shelf at the store or in your cabinet)and a small individual size bag of candy. All of these are sealed in a box. I thought they expired next week but I was wrong it is the week after next.

I wouldn't even consider giving the ones with any kind of meat or something that I think would make them sick or sweat in their halloween bags and mess up their candy. I should have explained these better in the beginning.

Bookmark   October 30, 2003 at 7:14AM
phyllis_philodendron

Maybe you could open them up and serve them as snacks when the kids come around? Explain the situation to the parents if they don't feel comfortable about it.

Bookmark   October 30, 2003 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
Black clothesline. Anyone seen one?
Hi, I need a black clothesline. The only thing I can...
faithab
hail damage
is it necessary to have hail damage insurance in MN...
stoveguyy
Off topic: A sad tale but also true...
A widow friend of mine was telling me today about the...
budster
reusable cloth grocery bags/ save money or not?
I decided to buy some reusable cloth grocery bags from...
bretonb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™