Question??

barb_from_paMarch 18, 2006

I teach preschool and have about 18 years worth of class group pictures for three different classes all stuck in a big envelope. I thought I might put them all in a scrapbook for easier access. My question is this - Is it okay if I make the key for each picture by printing the names on my computer and putting them in the book, or is there a reason I shouldn't? (I wouldn't want the printing to bleed off onto the page covers.) I'm not overly concerned about archival quality, since once I'm dead, no one will probably care about it anyway :).

Thanks for you help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barb_from_pa

never mind!

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 8:35PM
soggy6_2006

Barb,

I think as long as your books are not stored in extreme conditions, the ink wouldn't bleed. It's too bad there's not more activity here, I'm sure there are alot of very informed scrappers who could answer your question.

I think you should still be concerned about the archival quality, you never know who will be interested in those pictures years from now!

Janna

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 12:38PM
pattyt

you should be all set -

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 9:49PM
adellabedella_usa

I don't use printer ink for thinks that I want to be permanent. It seems to fade after a while. That may just be the quality of the ink in my printer.

I use the computer for printing out templates or themes that I want and then color them in. For instance, my brothers loved the Dukes of Hazzard show when it was popular 25 years ago. AT the time I was working on the page, there would hve been no DOH embellishments available. I found some coloring pages and modified that to work on my page by resizing, coloring with scrapbook pens, etc. My page doesn't depend upon the computer ink to last. The ink is buffered from the pictures because it was on scrapbook paper.

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 10:31AM
sue102

Once the ink is completely dry it should be a problem. Sounds like a very nice album.
Sue

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 6:13PM
barb_from_pa

Have any of you done any scrapbooking without page protectors?

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 5:09PM
soggy6_2006

This is a tough question for me to answer. I have always been a firm believer in page protectors, and especially side loading. Lately, however, I have been using embellishments and memorabilia that will make it difficult to use pg. protectors. I have not figured out what I'm going to do with these pages. I really like my books to be accessable to whoever wants to look at them, and I get uneasy with little hands touching the unprotected pages.

Not much of an answer I realize. . .I'll be interested to hear what others have to say!

Janna

Bookmark   March 24, 2006 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Cricut cutting machine
I was wondering if any of you have purchased the Cricut...
busymom801
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
How do I apply eyelets?
I need some help from you artistic and creative people....
caroline94535
wording for invitation help
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...
txswetie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™