tomdxJuly 3, 2010

I have a piece of sub-floor that's badly damaged and needs to be replaced... the problem is that the damaged spot is in between the floor joist and the wall, and I don't have access to the joist under the wall. I'm hoping someone can offer a suggestion as to what I can do.

Thanks in advance...


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Place a piece of 2x between the joists to hold up the cut ends.

A smaller piece (2x8 with 2x10 joists)is fine since it is only a section of sub-floor.

A piece of 2x4 on edges is likely acceptable.

    Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 2:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Garage door
Something strange happened last night. We were watching...
Can you clear my doubt about home security system?
I have a home security system installed recently. Do...
Heating tool
Picked this for free at an estate sale. Wood burning,...
Sagging Anderson Storm Door
I had an Anderson storm door installed a couple of...
Cellulose Insulation - Do we really need the blower?
We have 8 to 10 packages of cellulose insulation that...
Sponsored Products
Hartin Indoor/Outdoor Runner 2' x 8' - ORANGE
$199.00 | Horchow
Pali Designs Volterra Double Dresser with Optional Hutch - PALI110
$656.99 | Hayneedle
Vine Floral Tiffany Style Glass Torchiere Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Quoizel Abbey Antique Brass Swing Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Area Rug: Camille Sable Green 3' 2" x 5' 5"
$79.97 | Home Depot
Beige Garden Stripe Rug
$11.99 | zulily
Little Cottage 8 x 12 Stratford Schoolhouse Wood Playhouse Multicolor - 8X12STRA
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
$69.00 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™