Reusable Ribbon Bows

kaysbelleJanuary 22, 2009

I used to have the instructions on making the reusable ribbon bows similar to the Kwik Bows you can buy from Miles Kimball. They used 1 1/2" ribbon and you pulled the small pieces and it made itself into a bow. I would really appreciate it if anyone has the instructions to share them with me. I didn't even keep one ribbon to use as a pattern. Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dian57

Perhaps use one of the paper bows to make a pattern? I've never seen this done with ribbon, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 4:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kaysbelle

For those who are interested - I did find the instructions.

Take a 1 1/2" wide ribbon cut to 18".
Take a 1" wide matching/coordinating ribbon cut to 18"
Fold both in half. Place 1" ribbon inside 1 1/2" ribbon, matching center folds. Tack together at fold. Hand tack both sides of the wider ribbon together along edge approximately every 5". This will keep the smaller ribbon on inside. Pull on ends of small ribbon and the bow will form leaving tails to wrap around your package. I cut my bow ends at an angle so it would look nicer. You can do this with any size ribbon or any length (the longer, the bigger the bow)as long as the inside ribbon is smaller than the outside.

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
jewels247
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
sewing curtain that has print on one side
I wanted to make curtain that have the print side on...
tropical_thought
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™