Sew Much Comfort

kayakingkrisJanuary 8, 2008

Has anyone sewed for this organization? They adapt premade clothes for wounded servicemen and women. They make regular clothes wearable for soldiers who cannot get into clothes because of their injuries.

I am awaiting a kit to get started. My first project will be adapting boxer shorts by replacing the side seams with velcro.

I love to sew and look forward to helping this group with their cause. Just wonder if any of you out their are invloved with this group.

Their web site is www.sewmuchcomfort.org.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

I havn't yet,but i recently read about it in our local paper.I live in a military town,and we have a "wounded Warrior Center at the base hospital.When it came out in our paper it was right at the holiday season,so i didn't have the time,but i cut the article out of the paper and saved it for future reference,and thought it is something i want to do.Let me know what you think of it,what all they expect of you etc.
Kathi

Bookmark   January 8, 2008 at 12:48PM
kayakingkris

I rec'd my packet yesterday and will start the first project this weekend. I feel confused a little reading their directions. But once I get started, I'm sure it will go smoothly.

I'll let you know how it goes and what feedback I get.

Bookmark   January 11, 2008 at 1:26PM
kayakingkris

I went last Friday to a class on how to sew their lounge pants and make an access leg. It was very easy and satisfying to do something to help others. If you love to sew and are looking for something to do with your talent, I would recommend this organization.

Check out their website for more information.

Here is a link that might be useful: sewmuchcomfort.org

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:38AM
afizig_gmail_com

I have not sewn anything for this organization yet,i just registered with them today, and i can't wait to start my first project.The thought of this whole experience is soo exhilarating.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
White serger
I have a White Superlock 2000 serger. I have been sewing...
kathielo
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
barb_roselover_in
Singer Inspiration 4210 Feed Dogs do not move
I have a new Singer Inspiration 4210 that I bought...
MaterialGirl47
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™