Do you have this problem w/ your xyron?

syakMarch 9, 2003

Hi,

I have the smaller sticker xyron that I really love. The 500. My problem is when I run something through the machine a small film of glue spreads on top too. Just on the side that goes in first and it is only a small amount but It is enough to get something stuck to it or for it to look dirty. I use a gum eraser to get it off but it is a pain.

Do you have this problem? What would you suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jillzey

Hi Sandy,

I don't have a xyron, but use large laminators at work and if left on too long they get a yucky oily "ooze" that gets on the items being laminated. I run a piece of scrap paper thru first to soak up the ooze.

If the glue is only on the first item you run thru then a small strip of paper run thru first should take care of it.
If it is on every item, maybe it is set too hot?? (Do xyron use heat?)

HTH

Jill

Bookmark   March 9, 2003 at 7:07PM
syak

Thanks for your help Jill but no the xyron does not use heat and it happens to each item I put through. It is just on the one side though. I guess I will keep using the eraser. It is a pain but it is better that having the glue there.

Thanks Sandy

Bookmark   March 9, 2003 at 9:22PM
justluvtocraft

how about talcum powder on that edge. it will keep the glue from sticking to just where you put the powder.

Bookmark   March 13, 2003 at 7:11AM
syak

That is a good idea. I will try that.

Thanks Sandy

Bookmark   March 15, 2003 at 11:32AM
Annie_TX

I think I would contact the manufacturer of the equipment and ask them about it. Also, ask the store manager of the place where you purchased it if they had other complaints?
I know this is being posted very late in the day but I just found this forum....LOL Hopefully you have solved your problem by now.

Bookmark   May 7, 2003 at 1:56PM
phyllis_philodendron

I've heard this particular model is troublesome. It apparently gets gunked up repeatedly and causes problems. Someone mentioned the newer model, like 510? works better. I don't have one but have wanted to try one. I think I read the review on Joann Fabric's website - if you look up the product it will show user comments.

Bookmark   March 3, 2004 at 9:20PM
MIStepMom

I recently bought a 500 model. I have only used it once to test it out, but it worked fine. Maybe the cartridge was bad and thus the reason for the glue residue? I hope it isn't a problem with model. I purchased mine at JoAnn's for $39.00 on clearance. It also came with 2 adhesives - one permanent and one removeable, a cutter and a glue eraser. I priced them out at other stores and on the web and this was a great deal with all the extras. I checked and they didn't seem to be discontinuing this model, just this specially packaged one. I will be taking it on my crop weekend in April, so if I have any problems, I will be sure and post.

Bookmark   March 8, 2004 at 2:14PM
phyllis_philodendron

I just bought the small one today, and noticed that even it has a warranty of one year. I saw it on the little insert that comes with the product (not sure if they all do) but it said that if something is defective they will replace it. I thought that was pretty impressive considering I only paid $10 (then half off) for it.

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 9:31PM
heather_on

I only have the little one....the 150 and haven't had problems with it.

Bookmark   May 31, 2004 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Scrapbooking Kit for Boy's 1st Birthday
I have never scrapbooked before, but I would love to...
deltazinnia
Paper / Scrapbook size
Hi everyone! I am starting a new scrapbook and picking...
msbehavinmaven
Scrapbooking baby
Hi, I have 2 small children - aged 3 and 5. Instead...
c_steinbacher
wording for invitation help
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this...
txswetie
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
Sponsored Products
Lamont Home Diamante Coverlet Set - LMT250
$80.00 | Hayneedle
Orange Desperado Myvaz Expandable Vase
$7.49 | zulily
Magic Blue Metallic Anya Table Lamp with Open Weave Trim
Lamps Plus
Hearts Kids' Fleece Sleeve Blanket
$14.99 | zulily
Ryan Faux Leather Storage Seat
Overstock.com