Green Lace Ornament

keepeminstitchesDecember 23, 2005

Here's another embroidered ornament cover.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grittymitts

That's embroidery? It's beautiful.

Suzi

Bookmark   December 29, 2005 at 10:53PM
keepeminstitches

Yes, Suzi, they are embroidered, and what fabulous designs they are! These are done on a water soluible stabilizer called Aqua-Mesh by OESD. The designs (there are 10 in the set) are from Embroidery Library (Emblibrary.com, I think). $19.99 for a set of 10 medium sized designs for 3" glass balls. They also sell the same set for large (4") balls, and a set of 8 designs for smaller balls (2 or 2 1/2"). Each set is $19.99. These were stitched out on a Bernina Artista 165. You stitch out two designs and then hand-stitch them together to make a circle, then weave a ribbon at the top. Some of the designs cover the whole ball, so they require a ribbon at the bottom too.

The Aqua-Mesh washes out beautifully and leaves just enough "starch" to help mold the damp embroidery to the Christmas ball. Also it's important to use the same embroidery thread in the bobbin as is used in the upper threading. They are fun to make, but slow on the 165. My Bernina Artista 200 has an owey and is in the shop...it's a lot speedier!

Bookmark   December 30, 2005 at 4:41PM
elizabeth_tx

That is really pretty! How long does it take to make 1 ornament? What other colors did you use? I've never seen anything like that. Very pretty!

Bookmark   January 4, 2006 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
Need help identifying a fabric brand please.
This is a pretty upholstery fabric.
Adria Jackson
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™