outrageous gutter bid?

kirstenaJuly 9, 2008

Hi, We just got a bid to put new gutters on a one story addition on our house, and new downspouts on the entire house (2.5 stories). Our currents downspouts are backed-up and cemented into pipes leading to our sewer line. This bid seems really high to me. We live in Seattle, so maybe this is the going rate, but I'd appreciate a reality check on this one!

⢠Gutter Bid: $1151.25

57' K style gutter

o Reseal 8 miters

o 3 new miters

o 146â downspouts

o 13 A style elbows

o 9 B style elbows

o 2 D/S tie ins

thanks for any help on this one!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DNT1

Gutter people in my area Middle TN will not even start their truck for any job that is under 1500 bones. Sounds like a deal you better sign the contract quick

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 10:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicemac

I am in the Nashville, TN area. I just had a 102' long ranch house with a hip roof done with 6" aluminum seamless gutters in April. The liner footage of gutter needed was approximately 300'. In addition, there were 10 outside miters, 6 inside miters, 11 downspouts (3 were 2-story as the house is on a slope and is 2 stories high on one end) Taxes, installation and materials totaled $2300. I had 3 bids within $300 of this one, all from businesses that had a long history of work with good referrals.
They came back last month to put gutters on my workshop. The shop is 28' x 24' with a hip roof, or a total of 104' running feet of gutters. It was only 8' high, so the 3 downspouts were normal length. They again used 6" seamless aluminum, 4 outside miters, and the total charge was $400. This was last month.

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
wheelie
Leaning picket fence
I recently purchased my house and for whatever reason,...
media529
foul intermittent smell somewhere?????
So here's our problem. We have lived in our house for...
curtzilla
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™