Taller Ironing Board?

dadowersSeptember 24, 2006

Is there an ironing board made for tall people? I'm just about fed up with backache from bending over a board that's too short, and trying to press pants and skirts on a board that's not long enough. My Googles haven't turned up much. I don't think I'm talented enough to make one! Thanks from the bottom of my heart, and my back!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pele

This is kind of convoluted, but stay with me here :)

The office tables, the folding ones made of cheap particle board with a paper laminate on the surface made to look like woodgrain - you know what I mean? Office Depot has them for about 25.00.

If you get one of those and go to Home Depot or some similar place and buy a length of PVC pipe with an interior diameter large enough so the legs of the table can fit down in it - have the hardware store cut them for you into 4 equal pieces long enough to extend the table up to a comfy height (I'm nearly 6' and a length of about a foot works well for me) you can spread a cheap blanket over the table and use that as your ironing board, no bending and it costs all of 30.00 total, plus you can use the table for other things. I learned this trick when on the art show circuit - patrons prefer to not have to bend over to view product and putting the tables on stilts soved that problem for us :)

Hope this helps some :)

Bookmark   October 15, 2006 at 9:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pattico_gw

Get one of those that hang on the wall and hang it as high as you want it to be.

patti

Bookmark   February 23, 2007 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Newbie Needle Question
How do you know it is time for a new needle? And, the...
Merrygardener
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
barb_roselover_in
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
jewels247
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
Can I add another layer to drapes?
Howdy folks! I came across a GREAT deal at a resale...
carsonheim
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™