Help with roof color please

MrsShayneJuly 8, 2014

Hello! About 2 months ago I had a guy stop by my house and ask if he could check my roof. I'm in a "cookie cutter" neighborhood and noticed half my neighbors have been getting new roofs so I let the guy check mine out. He said I had wind and hail damage so I filed a claim and now my insurance is covering the cost (minus my deductible). At first I choose the color weatherwood - it's a middle color tan and I noticed a lot of neighbors have this color too. It looks OK in my opinion. But then I started thinking about changing my shutters and front door down the road and I think I like the darker roofs better. They also look richer in my mind. Of course a darker rood may make my house hotter..

Now I don't know what to do. I was leaning toward dual brown and driftwood but dual brown looks like it could have some red in it and I don't want any red. Now I'm thinking driftwood but I Googled some pics and Driftwood almost looks black. Please help.

This post was edited by MrsShayne on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 14:30

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MrsShayne

Here are the color choices. Brand is IKO Cambridge.

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 2:29PM
saltidawg

Was that you that earlier posted over in the Familiar Relations Forum asking for help naming your children?

Oh wait, that would be a personal choice matter.

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 3:46PM
MrsShayne

@salt NO, that wasn't me. My kids names are Frank and Ralphie. I didn't have any trouble picking out their names. My roof on the other hand is causing me problems.

If anyone out there with a real opinion would like to chime in then I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I enjoy the jokes too.

Have a great day :)

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 4:11PM
woodbutcher_ca

Hi,
I know a person who had a reroof in what looks like your Dual Brown. She now says here house is much hotter.Dark absorbs heat light reflects heat. you may want to consider it. We live in S Calif.
Woodbutcher

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 5:48PM
jcalhoun

Weatherwood is the color I have on my house. It's not as hot and very universal color. I'd go with it again.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 3:10AM
jacksonmic

Cyanoacrylate adhesive provides strong bonds,fast acting adhesive that sticks almost instantly,it provides easy way of sticking two things. It's impervious to water, but can be dissolved with an organic solvent, such as acetone.

Here is a link that might be useful: cranoacrylate adhesive

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 3:35AM
More Discussions
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
blakekr
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
blessedbe
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
What type of wall is this and how do I fix it?
The bottom part of my closet interior wall is crumbling,...
sippy_spence
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™