Naive about Ed. Leadership

RetiredCoachinGANovember 27, 2012

I believe communities trust that the best interests of our children's education and issues for improvement, are being adequately attended to by politicians, board members and day to day school leadership. These people or bodies make money and have their names attached to buildings and ideas (Bush, NCLB and Obama, RTTT) but are leading you into a false sense of security - most, nearly all - are way off the mark. Education will not deeply improve (apposed to temporary and superficial) until the real issues that cripple it are put into play by real educators.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

Why would you think parents are trusting the politicians and schools? My dd is in her 30's. As far back as then, I and most of the other parents I knew supervised our children's education and, ourselves, provided auxilliary experiences and classes to supplement what the school was providing. No good parent simply sends their child to school and assumes they will be properly educated in EVERY field (especially things like ethics, social niceties, the arts, geography, life skills, etc). Schools don't have the time to completely educate our children. No one teacher has the expertise needed to teach EVERY subject a child needs to learn.

IMO--education will not improve until all parents accept the responsibility for their own children's complete and adequate education.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
12 year old WON'T do homework
Our 12-year-old son has resisted doing homework for...
Zoalda
Single sex classes- your opinion
Do you think single sex classes improve students grades.....
lil_lillian
My Tittle child love animal sound and smile after listen voice so
Hello I am housewife lady with mother of 2 yr little...
LindaSmith
Beestar is cool!
So happy to share with you guys! We used to use Kumon....
yvonnemommy
Son acting up in school - what do I do?
My DS is in 1st grade and his teacher asked me to come...
Momma_Bird_OH
Sponsored Products
Moooi | Lolita Suspension Light
$715.00 | YLighting
Moooi | Lolita Table Lamp
YLighting
Warrior Lounge Chair in Tan
$1,199.00 | LexMod
French Grand Table Lamp in White
$129.00 | LexMod
Warrior Lounge Chair in Black
$1,199.00 | LexMod