Send your name to Mars

Stephanie_in_TNOctober 20, 2002

You can put your name on the next mission to Mars. Came across this while DS and I were exploring nasa.org this evening (a really cool way to completely lose track of time!).

NASA is planning a Mars Exploration mission in 2003, with twin rovers to explore the surface.

On those rovers, they are sending a DVD with millions of names. It's a novelty, but you can put your name, or child's name, heck the whole family's names on that DVD - be a small part of the mission to Mars.

When you sign up to do this (and IT'S FREE!!!) you can even print a certificate with the name and a certification number, NASA signature and stamp.. and everything.

Did I mention, IT'S FREE! But the deadline is November 15, 2002.

Thought the all the parents and teachers here would have a use for this information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Send your name to Mars

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
den_ster

Hi stephanie,I took a look at nasa,and entered my name.when i tried to print the certificate my computer went blank.Did you print one, and how did you do it?

Bookmark   October 25, 2002 at 1:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
den_ster

Me again..never mind the last follow up, Iwas able to print our certificates.Thank you , this is really great and the kids thought it was so cool.I am going to frame all certificates. Thank you again

Bookmark   October 25, 2002 at 2:13PM
More Discussions
Do you know any simple science experiments?
I am planning to get a few of my son's friends over...
momfirst
Institute of Reading Development
I am looking into summer reading programs for my son....
Loretta NJ Z6
Does anyone know how homeschooled kids get admitted to college?
My niece was in private school, then public, then homeschooled,...
sue36
Son Waiting a Year Before Going to College
This seems to be a safe place to express my disappointment....
sameboat
teacher gifts
Do you do them at the end of the year? At holidays,...
Stephanie_in_TN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™