auctioning 33 yr old wedding dress??????

chery2September 24, 2004

Dry cleaners who didn't do wedding gowns anymore because brides weren't happy with results told me to wash my gown in the washing machine and hang it to dry. I did, and it looks like new. Neither dd was interested in it so I don't mind selling it. Would ebay be my best bet? How much do you think I should expect to make? chery-va

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cupajoe

Have your husband or a tatooed male do the photo shoot wearing your dress and give a sob story about divorce and woman will go bonkers bidding on it.My DD sent me an auction by a guy who was trying to recoup the cost of the dress and I believe that he got around four thousand for it.A good story is...money in the bank.BTW,he sold it on ebay and got so many hits that he was hired to do the talk show circuit.

Bookmark   September 24, 2004 at 8:53PM
chery2

Gee, and I was just hoping to get $100 for it. . . chery-va

Bookmark   September 26, 2004 at 12:36PM
bouncingpig

cupajoe that is too funny!!! I agree a funny pic and story would make it sell. Otherwise, your 1971 dress probably won't go for much as the styles really are different. Yes, 70's are back in, but not so much in wedding attire. I am assuming if you did have your hubby wearing your wedding dress, you would take up the name Lucille, at least for the auction. "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille . . ."

Brenda

Bookmark   September 30, 2004 at 1:13PM
joyfulguy

Sorry, gals - I'm not in the market.

ole joyful

P.S. You wouldn't *dream* of lying, (sorry, jazzing up the sotrry a little bit), would you?

(non-drinkable) oj

Bookmark   October 1, 2004 at 3:14PM
More Discussions
Coupons
I would like to start checking out coupons to save...
alameda/zone 8
credit card question
I have a large amount of credit card debt from various...
christians1
Which smartphone for PagePlus?
Looking for help for my first smartphone purchase,...
wonderinginnh
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
How some people can make 35% on some of their money ...guaranteed
At a "World MoneyShow" in Toronto last month,...
joyfulguy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™