Seeking layout feedback/suggestions
2 avid cooks and some little helpers. BH bakes, KA always out on counter.
Working on plans for our "10 year kitchen". While the kids are young, Ikea cabinets and no walls or windows being moved. Countertops will be stainless steel. Prefer drawers to doors.
Longer term, we will move half-bath and weird wall by pantry, extending kitchen and adding breakfast nook, custom cabinets, new range, champagne, caviar, and the like.
Specific problems we have in today's kitchen -
* Toaster over and MW are in the mudroom
* Fridge is next to range (toward backdoor, range in same spot)
* Freestanding cart on other side of range (by dining room door)
* No wall storage on range/fridge wall
* Some counters are not full depth
* Wall cabs are lower than they should be
Things I'm grappling with in the below layout/pics -
* I have 2 dead corners in this layout, to either side of the sink. Do I care?
* Corners aside, have I made our small kitchen smaller?
* Should I offset the sink, making it (more) centered on a window?
Will be a 28" sink in a 30" base.
* What do I put in the 10" base next to the fridge? Leave open for sheet pans?
Thanks for taking a look!
Proposed "10 year kitchen" layout: