Disney: EVERYONE gets in free on their birthday in 2009

thriftyhobbitSeptember 26, 2008

WOW! I couldn't believe it. Of course the Mouse is still going to make plenty of money on parking, the other family members, and over priced food.. but hey! Register your child's birthday (or whoever) and Disney will send you a free pass to either Disneyland or the Wonderful World of Disney theme parks.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.cheaptoday.com/deals/disney-theme-parks-free-on-your-birthday-in-2009/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patser

all you have to do is afford the trip to either California or Florida!!!

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 8:50AM
joann23456

I don't know about DisneyLand, but this offer wouldn't make much difference at DisneyWorld, unless you lived near enough that it made you go when you otherwise wouldn't have or if you were planning to go for only 2-3 days anyway. The way the Disney ticket prices are structured, Disney gets the big bulk of the money in the first three days on a multi-day ticket, and incremental days from Day 4 and on are only $3-$7 per day.

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 9:21AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

I went to Disney World many many years ago, with girlfriends. We were all young adults at the time. Even then, once was enough for me, and I've never had a desire to return to the tourist trap.

I'd take a day at the beach, a park, a bookstore, or great seafood restaurants over Disney any day now.

Sue...who no longer goes to or checks out 'tourist traps'

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 10:44AM
joann23456

Chemocurl, I had exactly the opposite experience. I've spent my life avoiding tourist traps, doing "Europe Through the Back Door" traveling, trying to be a visitor rather than a tourist. Then I went to DisneyWorld last year and had a wonderful time. I think it was mostly because of the employees. I'd heard they were cheerful to the point of being automatons, but I didn't find that to be true. They *were* uniformly friendly and helpful.

I'm not one of those people who will go back every year, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 1:18PM
ilene_in_neok

Am I the only one who sees the obvious here?

What of the many families who can't afford this? What a hard thing it is to tell your excited little kid who, with his "free ticket" in hand, doesn't understand now the concept of how the family is going to pay for the transportation, lodging, and everybody else's ticket.

Just another way marketers manipulate people. Get the kid hyped up about it, then watch the parent struggle with it.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 12:51PM
western_pa_luann

No one is handing out free tickets. You have to register.

If the parents can't afford it, they should not sign their child up. And why get him/her excited about a trip that will not happen, free ticket or not? Sounds mean to me.

Parental responsibility....

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
How to get $1.00 worth of Cdn. charitable value for 50 - 60 cents
If I buy some groceries in the food store and put them...
joyfulguy
How to Retire 35 Years Early
Wall Street Journal's Market Watch did a feature on...
jrb451
Coupons
I would like to start checking out coupons to save...
alameda/zone 8
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
Saving money on water
Unfortunately, in this case you may have to spend to...
tim45z10
Sponsored Products
Walt Disney Signature Underscore 25" Wide Bathroom Light
Lamps Plus
Reston Lloyd 5 qt. Colander - 88100
$22.21 | Hayneedle
Disney Fairies Kids Recliner
Overstock.com
Metropolitan Walt Disney Signature-Storyboard Modern Contempo Large Pendant
1800Lighting
Disney Minnie Mouse Wooden Table and Chair Set
Overstock.com
Metropolitan Walt Disney Signature-Fantasy Traditional Large Pendant
1800Lighting
Walt Disney Signature Underscore Rectangular Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Blast Zone Magic Castle 10 Foot Commercial Bounce House Multicolor - MAGIC CASTL
$999.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™