Granite rubbing against fridge

macvirtualasstJuly 14, 2012

Hi all,

Not sure what category this goes in... We have a stainless steel fridge with a no streak finish. It is a side by side fridge. The edge of the doors, when they are open, rub against the granite countertop and as a result a bit of the no streak finish has rubbed off, almost as if it has peeled away. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

You can put clear bumpers on the granite like you would a wall corner, but there isn't any way to fix the fridge if it's one of those metal ones with a clear coat on top. Once that clear coat is damaged, it will continue to chip away.

This is why most people prefer actual stainless to any of the faux stainless. A scratch in stainless can be buffed out, and it doesn't really have a fingerprint issue if cared for with the correct products. Pedge furniture polish will keep the fingerprints away if you clean off all of the yucky oil based stainless products first.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macvirtualasst

Thanks Live Wire Oak... what you say is true. I found out the fridge is real stainless, but with the no fingerprint coating on it. Nothing I can do except buy new doors which is crazy for a 1/4" tear. We are very careful with it now. Bumpers on the corner were too bulky but we put a little clear plastic dot on the critical juncture and it seems to be working. Thanks so much...

Bookmark   July 28, 2012 at 1:43AM
More Discussions
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Insulating an inaccessible crawl space?
My 1940s bungalow style house sits on a crawl space...
blessedbe
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™