Compact Fridge recomendation needed

compumomJuly 19, 2007

I'm going to post this on a few forums to see if I get any response, the last time I asked only on appliances and got no where!

I am looking for a small fridge with a freezer compartment to put upstairs in the master suite for meds, ice packs and beverages. Do you or anyone you know have one? If so which brand--Avanti, Danby or Haier? I'm not looking for a Uline or something in that price range, preferably something where the fridge defrosts automatically. It won't see much use, but I don't want something that will break down in a year, or even worse, leak!

None of these brands is available in Los Angeles, I have to order it online, sight unseen and without many reviews.

Can you advise?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jcrowley99

I would recommend the cube fridge we have, unfortunately it is a Montgomery Wards brand. We have had it for over 24 years and it still works great. It cost $50 when his parents bought it for his dorm room. Once a year we carry it out to the backyard to defrost. Don't discount the less expensive models, they can be real workhorses. This little cube fridge has lasted longer than any full size fridge I have ever owned.

Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
Does anyone know how homeschooled kids get admitted to college?
My niece was in private school, then public, then homeschooled,...
sue36
Just finished Egypt project! Whew
My son in 7th grade just finished is Egypt project....
laydeebug72
Single sex classes- your opinion
Do you think single sex classes improve students grades.....
lil_lillian
The Government Lies
All we hear is how bad America's Education is compared...
skipper1960
School suggestions -Frisco, Texas
Hello everyone, I am writing from Iowa and moving to...
Devi.S
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™