Geriba Granite question plus picture of kitchen with it

luvpatch2May 14, 2011

Can someone tell me if Geriba Granite and Geriba Gold granite are the same granite ? I have to change from the Copper Canyon I was going to go with and am now looking at Geriba. I see pictures of slabs of what seems to be about the same granite but with both of those names. Does anyone have a finished kitchen with the Geriba granite? Thanks so much. Its anxiety provoking picking a granite.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stonexpert

Hi, these types of granites are intrusive formations which showcase the myriadal ways the veining can occur. No two slabs are ever the same with many variances from one slab to the next even when cut from the same block. More importantly is to choose a granite you like and can live with as a central feature in your home. The grade and quality of finishing from the slab processor should be your foremost concern followed by the worksmanship of your selected fabricator/installer, rather than proper name classification. Moreso, because the stone industry suppliers and fabricators rename the stones to create an aura of exclusivity for the consumer and confusion for their competitors. Hope this helps! info@rmstoneworks.ca

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 2:32AM
lazy_gardens

Ignore the names and pick a slab you like.

The names are not like paint colors, it's marketing. Some distributors add the "Gold" to indicate that it's a goldish granite.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 8:57AM
stannley

hi luvpatch,

Here are some pix of my geriba - though not in a finished kitchen - hope it helps!

I love it!

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 5:15PM
More Discussions
Dishwasher placement: 36" or 12" from the sink???
I have seen several pix of DW been placed NOT next...
eleena
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Honed Vermont Danby marble countertop owners... Love it or leave it???
I am hoping to understand people's experience who have...
Pippin
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™