trading?

swamp_thingFebruary 16, 2006

Hello got a question I started into scrapbooking but did not knew that it would cost more then what I can afford but love doing scrapbooking but I was thinking maybe we can get together and maybe exchange some supplies?Or maybe pay some for use supplies?What do you think? Am I making any sense here?Swamp thing

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bowdoin514

Swamp thing,
Sounds like a neat idea. I have not really done a scrapbook page just yet, so I can't be considered an actual scrapbooker yet, but have collected lots of odds & ends in a box, for whenever I get the time. I think the idea of a possible trade/exchange thing would be nice. Any others out there interested?
Emma in PA

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 7:01PM
doteroo

I have some punches I'd like to trade for something else but I don't know how we would do this. Anyone have any ideas?

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 9:07PM
swamp_thing

Hello and I'm new too but are there any ones out there that could tell us how we can get started?Thank you for the information but since I do not know how to begin trading or exchaging I sure can use some help here ,or we could trade for seeds,or plants or whatever?

Bookmark   February 17, 2006 at 1:37PM
debiwebi

What you could do is post what you have to trade and post what you would like to receive.

Example..I have a square punch to trade, will trade for a heart shaped stamp.

Bookmark   February 17, 2006 at 10:36PM
doteroo

There will have to be alot of trust involved. Suppose I send someone something in a trade and they don't send me anything back?

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 8:23AM
swamp_thing

I never thought of that but that could happen and I know I sure would be upset since the whole idea is to be able to get something different to try without spending a lot of money! I just thought of something else the cost of mailing the things out should not be to much?

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 10:28AM
debiwebi

Yup, trust is a big thing.

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 9:34PM
bowdoin514

I did a lot of trading a couple of years ago on the seed exchange, and for those who aren't familiar with how it works, hop on over and check it out. I think they still have their standard rules to go by. Trust is a big thing, and somebody getting shorted on their end of a trade is bound to happen unfortunately. But I am willing to take a chance. Maybe start with less expensive items first, like layout ideas or dollar store merchandise. Unsure if selling things would be allowed, but trading for other stuff or postage I think would be the way to go. Just a thought. Any other opinions?
Emma in PA

Bookmark   February 19, 2006 at 7:13AM
marjex

This is not about trading. It's about reasonably priced supplies. I've been scrapping for quite a few years and things can really start adding up. Do you have a "Dollar Tree" near you? I have discovered that they have a scrapbook section. There are scrapbook kits containing 5 or 6 co-ordinated sheets of paper(most with themes like baby, Christmas,Winter, playtime, etc.) for only $1. They also have large sheets of stickers that match the paper, also for $1.

Bookmark   February 19, 2006 at 7:58PM
mariend

Scrapbooking is closely related to cards. It is so easy to make cards with supplies.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 11:11PM
More Discussions
Anyone do digital scrapbooking?
I've tried traditional scrapbooking over the years...
schoolbelle
How to correct a 15 year mistake
I have 15 PHOTO ALBUMS that I bought about 15 years...
sandra60102
How do I apply eyelets?
I need some help from you artistic and creative people....
caroline94535
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
Help with beach or picnic wording
I have searched high and low.....Im having a thermal...
eileenlaunonen
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Concord Global Trading Rugs Ankara
Home Depot
Shires Equestrian Anti Chafe Overlay Girth - 3566-HAVANA-42
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Concord Global Trading Rugs Ankara Agra
$85.97 | Home Depot
Shires Equestrian Overcheck Bradoon Bit - 608-3.5
$18.99 | Hayneedle
Shires Equestrian Hollow Mouth Loose Ring Bradoon Bit - 559-4.5
$19.99 | Hayneedle