Water on bottom side of gutter

daved314June 19, 2014

Hi,

I've noticed that when it rains typically water collects on the bottom side of my gutter. I first realized it when I saw that the stone step in front of my porch was wet long after it rained and even when it didn't rain in many cases.

The water falling on the step was dripping from the gutter near an outside miter so I sealed the miter the best I could.

It finally rained for a while today and I noticed that there were water droplets along the entire length of the gutter (see attached photograph). Is this normal? My step was once again wet but it may not have been as bad as it had been in the past. Over the winter I was constantly fighting ice forming on the step and I want to ensure that does not happen again this year.

Any advise?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klem1

Start by running the hose in all gutters and checking for trash including downspouts. After everything is clean,see if water ponds anywhere. If so the gutters need remounted and leveled. Come back after that.

Bookmark   June 19, 2014 at 11:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

When it rains, some drops fall in the gutter, some miss the gutter, and some hit precisely at the gutter edge, and run down the outside. If you have low spots where you have indicated in the photos, water would tend to accumulate there for a while. I don't think its a big deal if there are no other obvious issues.

Bookmark   June 20, 2014 at 3:00AM
More Discussions
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
Should we raise/fix concrete slab in driveway or wait?
Just moving into a new house this month. So the inspector...
mattsk42
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™