Teacher and cell phone

SAG1June 26, 2002

I just found out my nieces' summer school teacher was doing prank phone calls from his cell phone for the amusement of the kids. My nieces are 10 and 8. Should I report this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trekaren

Yes.

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 10:23AM
Stephanie_in_TN

meaning he was spending class time making calls while students observed? yes report to administration.

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 12:26PM
anita9

Was he calling people he knew? Probably. Lighten up. They were probably just having some fun. They are in summer school for crying out loud. They have got to find happiness somehow.

How would you like it if you worked with a bunch of mentally underdeveloped people who were chronic exaggerators (children in other words) and whatever they said, other people believed it and reported it straight to your boss?

If you are upset, talk to the TEACHER first. Treat the man with some respect. You would expect as much from him.

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 1:13PM
Arkansasgardenboy

Talk to the teacher... See what was actually taking place...Don't just jump to some quick conclusion.. Find out what learning is taking place.. Get you facts then go from there.. Either pursue or drop it...

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 5:07PM
FlowergirlDeb2

Anita and Gardenboy are right in my opinion...you should give the teacher the respect he deserves and approach him before reporting the incident, wouldn't you want (and deserve?) the same treatment yourself?

Bookmark   June 26, 2002 at 11:43PM
whazzup

I'll bet he didn't actually dial any numbers. But I do agree that I would not report him without first discussing with him.

Bookmark   June 27, 2002 at 9:35PM
somebody

I also agree, discuss it with the teacher first. I also agree that he shouldn't be making crank calls, especially with the kids watching (if that's what he was doing).

Bookmark   July 1, 2002 at 10:52AM
Arkansasgardenboy

So what did you find out?

Bookmark   July 1, 2002 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Does anyone know how homeschooled kids get admitted to college?
My niece was in private school, then public, then homeschooled,...
sue36
The Government Lies
All we hear is how bad America's Education is compared...
skipper1960
Open House - 'No Show' teachers
I went to my son's high school open house this week,...
whazzup
Handwriting
My DS is 14 and has really messy handwriting. I have...
popi_gw
Problems with th Institute of Reading Development
Problems with Institute of Reading Development Program? I...
momme
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™