Has anyone ever tried

heather_onFebruary 1, 2004

Putting cross stitching in scrapbooks?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barb_from_pa

No, but it sounds like a great idea. It would really make the page extra-special!

Bookmark   February 1, 2004 at 5:14PM
jewels_ks

Heather,
I have never done that either. Sounds good, but when I cross stitch anything, I usually give it away.
Are you going to put a x-stitch in your album?

Bookmark   February 4, 2004 at 11:49PM
heather_on

I have a couple that I am thinking of trying.

Bookmark   February 6, 2004 at 10:02PM
MIStepMom

I did see some cross stitching in a scrapbook in one of my scrapbook magazines. It was simple stitching around a picture and then some daisy chains in the corners.

Looked great. Someday, I am going to try that as well.

I have been scrapbooking since October. I didn't think I would like it at all. I bought a bunch of stuff at a friends CM party, but didn't use it for 6 months. Another friend has been trying to get me to scrapbook for a couple of years, but I kept resisting since I am not artistic or creative. I finally relented and went on to weekend cropfest in Indiana. I knew that this would tell me if I would like it or not.

Well, I LOVED IT!!! I completed 11 pages that weekend. It took me quite awhile to organize my pictures and stuff, but once I was done with that, I went to town. I had so much fun. The other ladies were so nice to share their ideas and their supplies. I got a few more days between the holidays while my boys were visiting their father. Completed 6 more pages.

I am working on soccer albums for both my boys. 1 is 15 and the other is 10. I have so many pictures, newpaper articles and such. The school colors are black and red, so I have been doing everything in that color scheme with some other colors mixed in.

I have teased my friend that she created a monster when she got me into this. I have purchased a ton of additional supplies off websites and scrapbook stores. Whenever I travel now, I look for a scrapbook store!! : ) My husband has been great about it. His career field is graphics, so some of this stuff is right up his alley.

I have also gotten into card making. I belong to a Close to my H**rt monthly stamp club so I am collecting alot of great stamps and stuff. CM and Close to my H**rt are 2 great suppliers for any who is not familiar with these companies. They both compliment each other. It is too bad that Close to my H**rt will not allow their consultants to also sell CM. This would be a great business to be in. One stop shopping basically.

Thanks for letting me ramble on and on. I hope to get great ideas from this post as well.

Bookmark   February 9, 2004 at 9:28AM
heather_on

I did put a cross stitch picture in my album. It was a Precious Moments girl with boxing gloves on. What I did was ravel the aida cloth all of the way around for about 6 squares. Then I stitched it in a running stitch and embroidery floss all around the edge about 2 squares in. I stitched it directly to the cardstock paper. Then I added a tag that said "Life is worth fighting for". I didn't like the way that they had done these words in the pattern. It turned out to be a great edition to my scrapbook.

Bookmark   February 12, 2004 at 11:27PM
eliza_ann

Heather that sounds like a great idea.I've always wanted to take up scrapbooking,but somehow have never found the time.(So many ideas, So little time)!If you have it finished,can we all see it in June?

Bookmark   February 23, 2004 at 1:41PM
heather_on

Sure! You can see all my books. Scrapbooking is addictive. I'm taking some classes now and thought I knew all the techniques but I'm finding so much more.

Bookmark   February 28, 2004 at 10:35AM
More Discussions
Does anyone know where I can purchase these....
Those clear corners that you can place on paper,to...
catlady15
Scrapbooking baby
Hi, I have 2 small children - aged 3 and 5. Instead...
c_steinbacher
newbie asking for help
Hi I am new to scrapbooking and would like any advise...
greeneyedcat
Photo Refill Pages
I am hoping that you guys can help me with this problem...
cajelidi
Your Story Question
I just purchased the Yourstory machine to bind my cookbooks...
lawmar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™