New to Scrapbooking and Need Some Help

Karen10125February 25, 2013

I haven't actually started yet, but just gathering everything that I will need. I have two questions (for now!) and excuse me if they sound stupid but I have no clue what I'm doing yet. First, what is the best product to use to adhere the photos and other memorabilia to the page? Secondly, should every page be put in plastic when it's complete? I didn't think so, but then saw the plastic pages in the scrapbook section. Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

Welcome!

Your question about adhesive is a loaded question because everyone has their favorites. LOL
I use Xyrons, tape runners, glue dots, and sometimes just photo corners (amongst other things) It all depends on the look I'm trying to achieve and what I'm trying to adhere (paper, photo, embellishments).

As for the plastic, that is a personal choice but if the albums are to be handled and looked at by people the plastic pages are a good way to protect your photos and any embellishments that might come loose over time.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 11:54AM
Karen10125

thank you kraftymom!

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 6:25AM
mrh7

I always use plastic page protectors. Paper is very vulnerable to the twisting and turning in albums. Also, adhesives tend to give up when pages are turned over and over. Very small scrapbooks don't need protective covers as much because the pages don't move in the same ways.

Bookmark   June 24, 2014 at 11:36AM
More Discussions
Cricut cutting machine
I was wondering if any of you have purchased the Cricut...
busymom801
Help with unique Christmas idea
Not sure of best place to post this .... For Christmas...
nancy1952
What type of scrapbook do i need?
My son is a junior in high school. This summer I plan...
mrsgym
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
Cricut
Does anyone have the new Cricut system?
ngmnewlywed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™