heavy duty mesh

homeboundJune 27, 2012

I need some sort of mesh to wrap a large skylight to keep debris out. Think weather resistant, heavy-duty.

Any idea where I can get such a thing and what it's properly called?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hardware cloth?

    Bookmark   June 27, 2012 at 6:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I need something as fine (or finer) than window screen. But stronger to resist tearing since it will be wrapped around the skylight.

    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 7:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

seems like something that fine will also block the light going through the skylight.

Does the skylight have an interior screen? If so, I'd wrap the outside with hardware cloth and let the interior screen handle the fine stuff.

    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 9:07AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
Roof repair -- fair price?
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™