Book Swap club

vernbrad44August 3, 2011

I am a devout audio book lover. There is a great site named paperbackswap.com. There is no membership cost; you simply list your books (paperback, hardback, CD, MP3, or cassette) by ISBN (the 10 or 13 digit number on the back of your item). You simply agree to mail your requested item to another member. You get credit in return - a book gets 1 credit; audio stuff gets 2. You use your credits to request books from other members. The cost of postage is minimal because lots of things can be mailed at media rate. For example, I usually mail a 5-6 disk audio book for $2.41.

To pay for postage, I buy paperback bucks from the club. That way, I have money in the system that I can draw on to either print my label with postage paid or I can affix my own stamps. A few cents got to support the club costs but I don't mind b/c I get so much for my money. Often books cost $15 to $30 depending on the media. With your credits, you can get a member to mail you a book. All it costs is some of your credits. You get credit for your trade that you can use to get what you want from another member.

Give it a shot. You will be happy you did. But be warned, it is addictive! I now have lots of books just waiting to be traded with other members.

My club name is audiolady. Have fun looking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LuAnn_in_PA

thanks for letting us know....

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 7:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

I belong to a great book club. It's completely free, I can get all the books I want. It's called a Public Library.

Bookmark   October 10, 2011 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
Black clothesline. Anyone seen one?
Hi, I need a black clothesline. The only thing I can...
faithab
credit card question
I have a large amount of credit card debt from various...
christians1
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
Money saving idea
Start deep cleaning your home. It is amazing the things...
ellendi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™