Craftsman Garage Door Unit 41A4315-7A Issue

zxttfanJune 11, 2010

I recently purchased a home with a Sears/Craftsman garage door unit #41A4315-7A, built 4/94. When our electrician replaced the fuse panel serving the garage door unit with a breaker box, the unit no longer works from either the button on the wall or the car openers. The garage lights on the same cicuit work fine and the unit is getting power but nothing works. Is the circuit board shot?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Unplug the opener and plug a lamp into the same receptacle to see for sure it is getting power. Don't rely on lights on the same circuit. You can remove that board and check for burnt or missing traces on the printed circuit especially around the small transformer. I doubt very much it is the board but I was once wrong several years ago. If it does turn out to be the board the number you gave is the part number for the board.

Bookmark   June 11, 2010 at 4:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joe.1013

Hi,

I have a slightly different issue. How can I make this unit (41A4315-7A) work with the a new Keyless Entry where the manual says it will work with a "purple" learn button on the motor. The unit (41A4315-7A) has a green learn button.
Any help is appreciated.

Joe

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
Asbestos in Popcorn Ceiling/ worried sick
Hi. My house was built in the late 60s and I recently...
mogley966
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Roof leaking due to antique bricks? (X-post with Bldg a Home)
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
cvazqu
Old kitchen drywall
Finally are giving our kitchen a facelift. We have...
katlan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™