What is "corrective" termite treatment?

tlbean2004June 12, 2014

I have a yearly termite contract. My home has never had any termites or damage.
I was going through papers the other day and came across the inspection report i had done back in October.
The guy put down that i have "corrective" treatment as opposed to "preventive" treatment.
The inspection also says that there are no sigh of termite or any damage.

So i was wondering what is the difference betwen "corrective" and "preventive" termite treatment?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klem1

"So i was wondering what is the difference betwen "corrective" and "preventive" termite treatment?"

Exactly what it sounds like. Vacines are preventive for desease,anti-biotics are corrective. Good people skills are preventive of having your ears boxed,ice packs and iodine are corrective.
Termite bait stations can be either. Preventive bait is highly atractive to termites but not toxic to them nor enviroment. They are placed underneath the soil several places around house foundation. If the tech finds termites in the bait, he replaces it as well as others closeby with poison bait which is corrective.
That is not an all inclusive list,there are other stratigies but that should answer your question.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 4:50PM
manuelgalvezferri

Termite infestation is realized only when the home owner sees an infestation within the premises. Usually when noticed they have already made a significant amount of damage so, conducting Corrective treatments will act as a barrier which prevents Subterranean Termites from ever intruding into your property.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 8:11AM
saltidawg

manuel,

Preventive to prevent....

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 8:22AM
More Discussions
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
betty_joanne
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
Craftsman Garage Door opener won't close
Hello, Wife came home today and was able to open garage...
mattb32
adjusting stop on lazy susan
Hi all, I have recently moved into an older home with...
blakekr
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
tlbean2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™