School Supplies

mommybartnettApril 21, 2008

I used to always dread the "back to school" time of the year, with the school supply lists and trying to find the "specific" brands. It was a scavenger hut really. I recently found a company that will take your school supply list and they will ship you everything on it. The supply's aren't the generic stuff either, they have exactly what is on your list. Not only is it easy but it is affordable too, and they will donate 10% of the profits to your school. When I contacted them they offered to send me a free sample. They didn't charge me a dime. I didn't even have to pay shipping! I can't believe someone didn't think of this sooner. Now I can just sit back and relax knowing that I already have my school supplies. Oh I almost forgot their website is www.ezschoolsupplies.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

We support our local merchants.

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 4:02PM
jcrowley99

Our local schools actually offer a school supply package you can purchase through the school. The packages are tailored to each grade supply list and you just pick it up from the school in the fall. The school gets part of the money from the orders. I never used the service, I just went to Walmart and Target as soon as I got the list and bought everything, but this is a real lifesaver for people with multiple kids in different grades, or just parents who are short on time.

Bookmark   May 2, 2008 at 11:39PM
donnar57

As a child who almost always enjoyed school, I looked forward to the annual trip in August for school supplies. Mom and I would go to one of the stores that had good sales and pick up things I would need. She stuck to a pretty common list.

When my kids were growing up, I continued that tradition even if they didn't want to go with me. In California, there is no REQUIREMENT for a parent to provide anything - the law states that if a teacher requires something, the school must provide it. (With CA school budgets the way they are, teachers are careful to word something as "this would be beneficial" rather than "this is required", because it will come out of their own pockets.) Still, I always felt that a child would take care of something a little better if we provided it - and I would tell my child, "If you purposely break this, the replacement comes out of YOUR allowance." My kids learned pretty quickly to take care of things. I also told them that I wouldn't replace the crayons until mid-year, so don't loan or break them.

DonnaR/CA

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
College
Scholarships or grants..Do any of you know where to...
donnakt_gw
Just finished Egypt project! Whew
My son in 7th grade just finished is Egypt project....
laydeebug72
What is Your Opinion of School Uniform?
I strongly believe in school uniform as it helps to...
P Anderson
School suggestions -Frisco, Texas
Hello everyone, I am writing from Iowa and moving to...
Devi.S
12 year old WON'T do homework
Our 12-year-old son has resisted doing homework for...
Zoalda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™