College

donnakt_gwApril 15, 2003

Scholarships or grants..Do any of you know where to go to check these out? My grandson will need financial aid to go to the school of his choice in the fall. Just looking, trying to help him out with this..

Thanks,

Brian's Grandma

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ponderinstuff

It getting kinda late for this fall. The first thing you need to do before anything else is fill out a FAFSA if he hasn't already done so. That can be done online if you do a search there. It will also give you some links I think.

Sallie Mae,is one place to get loans. You can probably check that out online also. try www.parentanswer.com/senior These are loans based on school choice and your credit rating...not income based.

Bookmark   April 18, 2003 at 9:00PM
barefoot_babe

Try www.fastweb.com. You can type in all your information, and it matches you to existing scholarships and e-mails the info to you. When I worked for a college, we suggested this site to all incoming students. It's free.

Here is a link that might be useful: fastweb

Bookmark   July 23, 2003 at 8:03AM
fisherman21

Yes, fill out the FAFSA and also to save some extra money. Try using http://www.koofers.com to buy your textbooks. They have a search engine that will help you find the cheapest books that you will need. Its really a great tool for college students

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 9:13PM
jemdandy

Also, look for college level training programs where a student can earn his way. Typically, the student does not attend full time, but is allowed time out to earn the cash to support his effort. For example, the year might be divided into 3 parts, 2 semesters and a summer session. The student attends full time during one session and works full time alternate sessions. During the work session, he takes a couple of courses during late hour or at night. He may find that he needs to borrow money only for the last semester so that he can put two semesters together to finish his last year. A normal 4 year college program can be completed in 6 years. Its a lot of hard work, but it can be done and one emerges with a degree plus work experience.

Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 3:48AM
More Discussions
The Government Lies
All we hear is how bad America's Education is compared...
skipper1960
Naive about Ed. Leadership
I believe communities trust that the best interests...
RetiredCoachinGA
Problems with th Institute of Reading Development
Problems with Institute of Reading Development Program? I...
momme
What is Your Opinion of School Uniform?
I strongly believe in school uniform as it helps to...
P Anderson
Beestar is cool!
So happy to share with you guys! We used to use Kumon....
yvonnemommy
Sponsored Products
Auburn Tigers Cake Pan & Stand
$16.99 | zulily
White Tabletop Cornhole Set - 111-RED/ROYAL BLUE
$20.74 | Hayneedle
College Letter Framed Wall Art - Ohio State University - 24W x 8H in. Multicolor
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Penn State Nittany Lions Oven Mitt
$9.99 | zulily
Vitra | Miniature Big Easy
YLiving.com
Vitra | Miniature Garden Chair
YLiving.com
Black Desk Lamps: 19 in. Black Apple Docking Adjustable Robot Speaker Lamp with
Home Depot
Elegant Designs Lamps 28.5 in. Curved Purple Ceramic Table Lamp with
$59.73 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™