Gel Pens

LauraBJanuary 31, 2002

Hi all!

I'm in the middle of a layout and I'm working on filling in the title font with a gel pen and all of the sudden it totally stops writing on me. So my question is, does anyone know how to get the ink in the pen flowing again? This is totally frustrating because I haven't used my gel pens very much because they skip too much and tend to be unreliable writing instruments. Second question: does anyone know a good brand to try?

Thanks!

Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
misstine

If you have yet to recieve the answer to your dilemma lies in a lighter or candle. Carefully hold it over heat for a bit then try on another sheet of paper. you can also draw squiggles on an extra paper until the ink once again runs free. or last and most disgusting suck on the end of the pen then try drawing this usually works, but you may consume a bit of ink in the process.

Bookmark   February 7, 2002 at 2:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracymomof4

candles and lighters like mentioned above work just be sure not to melt the end how are you storing your pens?? be sure and store them on their sides otherwise the gel runs into the nib and clogs it

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
Which Cricut machine to keep?
My daughter received two Cricut machines as gifts....
azmom
Selling my Cricut
I need to sell my cricut, Where can I post this? its...
southerncrafter
Need your creativity to help with school yearbook
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have done some scrapbooking...
bizzybee
Cricut
Does anyone have the new Cricut system?
ngmnewlywed
A couple questions: reg. scrapping vs. digi scrapping AND free sw
Hi, I love making both digi books and the old-fashioned...
ejones66
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™