I'm working on reducing my energy bills. I'm in Houston, so we've got a very warm climate. My gas bill is pretty low, so I'm not worried about it.
So far, I have done the following:
1) Added solar screens
2) Replaced incandescent bulbs with CFs
3) Reduced the pool pump run times
4) Set up the computers to shut off when not in use
5) Turn off laser printer except when in use
6) Increased upstairs temps during the times of day when we usually aren't up there.
7) Increased night time temps one degree
I'm working on:
1) Adding a radiant barrier in the attic
2) Sealing exterior and attic air leaks
3) Adding additional insulation in the attic
4) Replacing the main pool pump with a high efficency pump
5) Planting more plants near the house for shading
What else makes sense to do?