Mrs. Fields cookies any good?

glad2gardenJuly 27, 2008

I used my discover rebate thing on a coupon for $40 at mrs. fields. I didn't realize that their cookies are so outrageously expensive! Anyone else ever ordered from them? I think I've wasted my rebate, cause I would never splurge on such a thing. I'm trying to stop impulse buying, but got caught on this one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
western_pa_luann

Well, that the beauty of it!
You wouldn't splurge on them because they are so expensive...but now you can get them practically free!

Actually, I have used the Mrs Fields rebate twice... once to send cookies to my daughter for her birthday, and another time to send cookies to my son when he went away to college. Both gifts were well received and only cost me ~$15 each out of pocket after using the Cashback bonus certificate.

Great deal for me and my kids!

AND you only used $20 of the bonus to get $40 in cookies... that is great too.

Bookmark   July 28, 2008 at 8:50AM
cynic

I bought some Mrs. Fields cookies from Menards a couple times when they had them on rebate. They were OK, but nothing to get excited about. I imagine they, like any cookie would be great when fresh and hot from the oven. But when they're a week or two old, they nothing special.

Bookmark   July 28, 2008 at 9:10PM
fruitgirl

I've never tased a store-bought cookie that can compare with homemade. Plus, I like to stay away from preservatives, HFCS, and the like, and when I make it myself I know I'm not getting any of that crap!

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 6:06PM
scarlett2001

OT but have you ever seen Mrs. Fields? She's young and gorgeous. I expected a cookie-baking granny.

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 9:19PM
joyfulguy

Hi everyone,

"Young and gorgeous ... " ... assures higher quality cookies?

Or perhaps may indicate such?

o j

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 12:03AM
scarlett2001

Nope, I was just making an OT comment. I do recall hearing a story that the wonderful smell you experience walking past Mrs. Fields is not really the cookies but some type of scent they use to entice you in. But that may be an urban cookie myth!

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 1:37AM
cynic

Oh yeah, I used to watch her on the Food network way back when I had cable. She had a short-lived show on there, IIRC it was called the dessert show or something like that. Seems to me she did something like baking or something on there... ;) I didn't really pay attention to the recipes... But she did look good doing it!

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 11:33PM
triciae

Mrs. Fields cookies will be filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy on August 25, 2008 under a "pre-packaged" restructure with its creditors.

They intend to continue operations.

/tricia

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 6:47PM
jannie

I bought Mrs, Field's cookies from a stand in the mall. I had been invited to a co-worker's home for dinner and brought the cookies as a hostess gift. I sneaked a couple on the way to her house. They were melty on the inside, just like homemade Tollhouse cookies. Expensive but worth it!

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 10:04PM
More Discussions
Cable alternatives
We are moving to a place where we are unable to get...
mrsgym
Barcode on the envelope?
I used a envelope which has barcode on it to send a...
kuangmao
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
Holiday decorations
Hey all, I've got a great money saving tip for everyone. You...
TmF1
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™