Scanning Driver's License

xminionFebruary 11, 2010

Does anybody know what my district is doing this for besides 'The safety of the children?"

You can't even get an e-mail address for the school board president, but every parent, sibling, and visitor's sensitive information will be SCANNED.

I feel parents have the right to know where and to whom this information is going. Is it be cross-referenced with

an FBI list or what? And, why won't they tell us?

Anybody have any enlightenment on this? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

That is hard to believe. I would refuse until they clarify the reason. I guess after the school shootings they feel they have to do something. But unless they run the DL number to find out who knows what, it is a open field for identify theft. I would ask the local law enforcement for help, or even your local FBI office. Sounds like someone wants to be a big shot. If they give you static, contact your local invesagative reporter. Or make you show the regulations in writing and who made them and why they have to have that infomation.

Bookmark   February 11, 2010 at 7:52PM
workoutlady

Do they want your driver's license or the student's? I'm not following you on that. Ihave heard that some schools require this when students are drive their cars to school and leaving the car in the student parking lot on school grounds but I can't imagine why they'd need your license. That makes no sense to me. Not everyone has a license. I'd be making calls for sure.

Bookmark   February 14, 2010 at 8:24PM
xminion

After a massive letter writing campaign to school board members, PTA members, school district police ....am still hearing "your information is secured in our database." Do they have any idea that the average junior high student can figure out how to hack their 'secure' mickey - mouse databases?

Perhaps it's time to involve the media..

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
Block A University Sweater
Does anyone know what school or university this represents?...
subrosa
College
Scholarships or grants..Do any of you know where to...
donnakt_gw
teacher gifts
Do you do them at the end of the year? At holidays,...
Stephanie_in_TN
Son Waiting a Year Before Going to College
This seems to be a safe place to express my disappointment....
sameboat
Single sex classes- your opinion
Do you think single sex classes improve students grades.....
lil_lillian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™