Craftsman garage door opener problem (power randomly off)

huahouJune 21, 2010

I have a craftsman garage door opener which I installed 10 years ago. Recently I have this (seems-like) power problem, and it's getting worse and worse. I searched through numerous messages on this forum, but could not find a similar one. Here is the problem:

Sometimes (not always) when I tried to open the garage door with original remote control, or the door pad, the opener does not respond at all. It seems that the power to the opener is cut off (because the light on the opener is not on, as it would normally do). If I hit/shake the opener with my hand, the light will come on for a second or two, then the light will go off. I can hear the sound of "click" when the light is on and off. I have to hit / shake the opener multiple times until the light stays on, then I can open the door with remote or door pad. What could go wrong? something within the opener is getting loose?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

You need to pull the logic board and check for loose connections on the printed circuit especially around the small transformer. This is not uncommon.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 4:28PM
More Discussions
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Roof leaking due to antique bricks? (X-post with Bldg a Home)
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
cvazqu
Painting exterior of house with cedar siding---what to expect
I am about to start getting estimates on having the...
sierrashopper
Craftsman Garage Door opener won't close
Hello, Wife came home today and was able to open garage...
mattb32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™