Medication tubes and wasted med.......
By cutting a tube of topical medication a little ways below top cap area, you will find enough medication to treat for several more days.
The following are suggestions how to get the most medication out of tubes:
1. Roll up tube to push med toward the top.
2. Use needle nose pliers to crush top area to squeeze more med out.
3. Cut tube off a little ways from the top (keep cap on).
4. Cut open the cut off tube part, contains more med.
5. Be sure hands are fresh washed or use a Q-Tip to remove medication from cut open tube to avoid contamination.
Store the cut tube in a plastic bag to keep medication from drying out.
Do not use this process on "eye" medications. Eye medications must be kept sterile.
My Rosacea topical medication empty tube has enough med to treat for several days to a week or more after it is thought to be empty.