Photo Size

mike_g_December 16, 2005

I have three digital cameras. All of them take a photo at a ratio of 3.5 X 5. When I have someone else print them out they are done at the 4 X 6 ratio. This crops the photo to fit. Anyone know of a place that will print at the 3.5 X 5 ratio? I would not care if they had a white border at each end. I can trim that off. Some high end cameras can use either ratio.

Mike G

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amy_z6_swpa

I wonder if that's what is happening with my photos too, because when I get prints made of my Fuji S5100 pics through Walmart, those with close subjects almost always get cropped in a way that I did NOT tell them to do (I didn't do any cropping myself when I prepared them and submitted them). Some of them look bad that way, and if they weren't only 15 cents each, I'd have complained.

Bookmark   December 16, 2005 at 2:00PM
mike_g_

Amy I am sure that is what happened. You just don't notice it on scenery. I cropped a photo to a 4 X 6 ratio at Wal-Mart and it would no accept it
Mike G

Bookmark   December 16, 2005 at 11:56PM
urlee

Not to rub it in guys, but----------
Oh the joys of having PSP and a photo printer?
You can make them any size you want.

Have you considered those little photo printers they are making especially for small photo's? OR------
My friend has a kodak camera that you slip the card into a printer that came with it and wolla, gorgeous instant picture making with special treated paper like you wouldn't believe. It's a wonder the studios are still in business?

~Urlee~

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 6:44AM
mike_g_

Urlee I have PSP 7 & PSP 10 and a photoprinter. The price of ink cartriges and paper are unreal. Refilling cartriges is chancy. It is a HP 7150 and prints better photos than Wal-marts does at 4 times the cost.

Mike G

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 10:23AM
amy_z6_swpa

Mike that's the exact reason I'm not using our great Dell photo printer (well it's an all-in-one but it prints great pics) right now--the cost of cartridges is just ridiculous for as short as they last doing photographs.

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 11:52AM
urlee

Whoops,
You are sooooo right Mike!
It means a lot if you have oodles of prints to make.
I forgot about looking at it that way.
I make prints from my camera and find it hard to make printouts for my friends cause you are out the $$ it costs you.

~Urlee~

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 11:53AM
jean001

Mike G,

Ask them to print "full frame."

Don't know if WalMart can do that. But a photo shop could. (At least they used to be able to do it.)

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 8:52PM
amy_z6_swpa

Where do you find out what ratio your camera takes? I can't find it in my user guide (Fuji S5100)

Bookmark   December 18, 2005 at 4:44PM
mike_g_

Sorry I said before mine was 3.5 X 5 ratio. It should be 3.75 X 5 ratio. That is what yours is Amy. You can down load a PDF users guide at the link below.

Mike G

Here is a link that might be useful: Fuji S51000 User Guide

Bookmark   December 18, 2005 at 6:30PM
vstech

have any of you checked out waht a color laser printer will do? they seem pretty cool and the toner lasts MUCH longer than an inkjet. with the right bond paper I would think very nice photo prints would be possible.
the hp home models are less than 300.00 now, of course I belive that is with "tester" toner cartridges in them, so you would have to invest in a set of cartridges, or a quality refill kit.
John

Bookmark   December 21, 2005 at 10:32PM
mike_g_

Found out Webshots can print out photos like I want. They have a 4 X D size which is 4" x 5.3". They have to be photos you have down loaded to their site.

Mike G

Here is a link that might be useful: Webshots photos

Bookmark   December 24, 2005 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Free software download needed for photo's
Looking for Free software to add animations on top...
aputernut
How to lighten photos
I recently bought a HP deskjet 2541 printer (PSC)....
perk2
PSP9 Graphic
I made this banner several years ago using PSP9. I...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
What program for photo editing.....
I'm looking for a fairly simple program/software that...
justlinda
Collage made up of thought bubbles
I saw this collage on the net and I'd like to do it...
seaswirl
Sponsored Products
Christo Rug 10' x 14' - LIGHT BLUE
$6,399.00 | Horchow
Imperial Goddess Daybed
$824.99 | Dot & Bo
Creme Shade with Gold Scroll Trim 7x16x12 (Spider)
$79.99 | Lamps Plus
Regina-Andrew Mother of Pearl Cube Mini Table Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Pocelona Chrome Two-Light Bath Fixture
$179.30 | Bellacor
Berry Aria Rug
$16.99 | zulily
New One of a Kind Geometric 10x12 Hand Knotted Red Oriental Kazak Wool Rug H3381
BH Sun Inc
LumenAria Sonoma Cylinder Double Wall Sconce by Justice Design Group
$261.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™