to scarlett 2001

pammyfayJuly 13, 2008

So what happened with the "big event" at work? Did you end up going?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bonnie_2006

why does your post stay on top?

Bookmark   July 13, 2008 at 4:45PM
pammyfay

Because I'm special? So very, very special?
LOL!
No, that's not it. It stayed on top because there were no posted responses yet to it, I guess.
Now when there are 'fresh' discussions on other topics here, mine will be bumped down the list.

Sometimes here or on other boards, you'll see some people post a response saying just "bump," and that's a ploy to keep the post right at the top, maybe to get more responses or answers to certain questions within the posting.

Bookmark   July 13, 2008 at 10:43PM
scarlett2001

Pammyfay,
Sorry I didn't answer sooner, we were back east visiting my family. BTW, I was just amazed at how much lower food prices are in western PA than here in S. CA. Also amazed at how prices here went up in the two weeks we were gone -scary!

Well, as you may remember, the school where I work was coercing us all to attend the pricey end-of-year "party" and some of us were really trying to get out of it, not wanting to waste money on this silly thing. After a lot of drama, we got a break because the district office sent most of us a letter saying we had to take vacation time or lose it, so that pretty much collapsed the party, because who wants to lose vacation time? So I took my vacation day and that was that. But I have heard that next year the pricipal wants us to go on a "retreat" up in the mountains...a whole weekend of doing touchy-feely things and "trust exercises"...sigh.

Thanks for asking, Pammyfay!

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 12:41PM
pammyfay

Just don't try that "fall backwards" trust exercise! Would some of the folks catch you? (I'd just pretend I needed to use the bathroom at the time! And take a loooonngg bathroom break!)

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 7:58PM
scarlett2001

Ooh, I know the one you are talking about. No way!

Two years ago we had a Christmas party. They decided that we should "play games". The first game was, they divided us into teams of people who did not know each other well and we had to pick a traditiional Christmas song, such as Silent Night- and make up lyrics to it. The topic of the lyrics was our upcoming state evaluation. Not wanting to participate in this nerd fest, I snuck off to the restroom and stayed in there until everybody had finished embarassing themselves. I came out just as the food was being served and was told that "people who didn't participate should not eat"! I answered, "So, it's conform or starve, then?" Big silence. That was my last time going to any of their "parties".

Bookmark   July 19, 2008 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
Money saving idea
Start deep cleaning your home. It is amazing the things...
ellendi
Need Ideas-Extra Space/Supplemental Income
My wife and I recently had twins which upped our kid...
TomNewEngland
Cable alternatives
We are moving to a place where we are unable to get...
mrsgym
Harvest forum
There is a forum in the garden web called harvest that...
sewcrazynurse
hail damage
is it necessary to have hail damage insurance in MN...
stoveguyy
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Lighting | Keswick Three Light Vanity Light
$428.00 | YLighting
Hand-tufted Scarlett Medallion Beige/ Sage Green Rug (7'9)
Overstock.com
Hand-tufted Scarlett Medallion Red/ Navy Round Rug (11'9)
Overstock.com
Brick Scarlett Throw Pillow - Set of Two
$29.99 | zulily
Outdoor Decorative Lighting: TORK Electrical Supplies 120-Volt Lexan Housing
$10.57 | Home Depot
Leucos | Disk Pendant Lights
$427.50 | YLighting
Five-Piece Berry & Thread Gold-Accented Place Setting - SILVER
$145.00 | Horchow
Four Delft-Blue Firenze Salad Plates - DELFT BLUE
$160.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for: