replacing sheathing

leslie_gardenerJune 19, 2012

I have diagonal shiplap sheathing on my house.

I have some serious rot from the sill up to about 30 inches.

I am thinking of removing a strip about 30 inches by 25 to 30 feet long and replacing it with plywood.

Will this mix impact the integrity of the house at all?

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There is nothing wrong about doing that, just make certain that you use the same thickness and that you fix the p water intrusion problem so that it does not happen again.

    Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 8:52AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
Need a professional locksmith service!
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the reason I registered...
Roof leaking due to antique bricks? (X-post with Bldg a Home)
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™