Paint Shop Pro XI

amy_z6_swpaNovember 14, 2006

I downloaded the trial version of Paint Shop Pro XI the other night. The look is updated, and supposedly there are new photo editing tools but I've only used it for graphics-making so far. Here are my main problems with it right off the bat:

PNG optimizer---no matter what settings I use, it does NOT keep my background transparent! Very aggravating!

.pspimage file format---although it has the same name as PSP8.1 files, they are NOT compatible with PSP8.1 (when copying/pasting, or trying to open a PSPXI file in PSP8.1) or with Animation Shop 3! I cannot even get Animation Shop to open any file I create in PSPXI. So far I am not impressed with XI. It is also slower than my 8.1. Anyone else?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
urlee

Nothing can compare with the original JASC made PSP's.

Coral has their own system which I think is a whole new ballgame.
I know their help support stinks cause I just got the run around with them on a problem that got solved right off the bat from JOY, here on this forum when I posted my problem just ONCE!
I had been emailing Coral several times about it which they could not tell me how to correct it.

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 5:47AM
kyry

I also had downloaded the newest version, saw nothing that outstanding or different about it to warrant keeping it. I uninstalled it after a few days.
Carol

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 8:04AM
amy_z6_swpa

problem #3: when drawing bezier curves as vectors in PSP8.1, the arrowheads remained visible so you could re-shape the curves after you create your starting & ending points. In PSPXI, the arrowheads disappear and you cannot reshape the curve without undoing the whole curve & starting over. I've looked at all the settings & don't see how to fix this. This is another major malfunction!

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 8:01PM
joanmn

I wish I'd have tried the trial version before wasting money on the full-blown version. What a waste of money.
JoanMN

Bookmark   November 30, 2006 at 7:49AM
Elly1

HI follks,
I am using version X and 8...and Corel sure is different!
Urlee, I was about to note that you cents were wheat shaft cents - worth a little more than a regular cent, but then I noticed that mine are too. I think they cam from PSP7:

Bookmark   November 30, 2006 at 11:43PM
urlee

Hi Elly,
I made mine from scratch.
Took a picture of them and played with it in PSP.
Supposed to be silver in color.

Urlee

Bookmark   December 1, 2006 at 6:44PM
More Discussions
Genus and species
Can anyone name the genus/species of this Iris? I had...
KTSchooley
test hibiscus
Test Hibiscus
jjlovesflnature
Design for master bathroom
We are in the process of a total home renovation. I...
trublu112
Any tips for apple apps for room & closet/cabinet design?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could possibly recommend...
Hobby-Chef
Making copies of a DVD
Recently I had a DVD made from an old 8mm film of home...
davestexas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™