Airline Ticket--Where to Purchase?

ozziepuppyJune 30, 2010

Hi All, I need to get an airline ticket (round trip) between Wichita, KS and Tucson, AZ (or could be Phoenix if significantly cheaper). I am wondering how to do this in a cost-effective way. I know there are online sites claiming to sell less-expensive tickets, but I don't know which ones can be trusted, so I am concerned about purchasing from them. I would really appreciate advice/suggestions/comments from those of you who have used any of these sites, as I need to get my trip scheduled for late July or early August (and I know things can be less expensive if they are scheduled further in advance). Any help would be SO appreciated!! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

First find out which airlines service Wichita and check their direct fares. Then try some of the services. You may find that the time spent in the air is more than driving.

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 10:01PM
sushipup1

Be aware that you need to book your flight immediately when you get an acceptable price online. The system will only allow x number of seats at such-and-such price, and if you miss it, well, it's gone. So you might pay a few bucks more, sometimes, but you have your seat on the day you want to fly. And don't give up on your real live local travel agents, who have the software to get you the best available tickets sometimes.

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 12:53AM
maifleur01

Wichita is not a major destination. After I posted I looked up which airlines used that airport. There were only about 5. The cheapest ticket was on Airtran and there were only a few left. It also only flew on certain days. The next lowest was over $300 each way. I have driven from Tucson to Oklahoma City in about 12 hours. Wichita is depending on where in the area about 1 1/2 hours or less from Ok City. To get cheaper seats you need to start looking several months in advance. Right now I am waiting for the March 2011 rates to be posted on SW. I will use those as a basis to see if tickets are sale priced.

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 10:12PM
lazy_gardens

There is a shuttle service between the Phoenix airport and the Tucson one.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 5:05PM
terriks

I always check Kayak.com for plane tickets. If you register on their site you will have more tools to use to determine best fares. Also TripAdvisor.com is a good way to find inexpensive flights. Both services compare actual costs including all fees and taxes.

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 11:50AM
claire44

I always go to Kayak.com first.

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
are your sheets coming off?
MY SHEETS WERE ALWAYS COMING OFF OF THE BED. ON A SHOPPING...
wjswecampbell
Saving money when using an air condiioner or dehumidifier
This will actually save you money only if you pay for...
joyfulguy
Savings achieved in daily household routine
When I plan to open a can of frozen juice tomorrow,...
joyfulguy
Best Money Saving Advice
What do you do that saves a lot of $$$? I know many...
callie25
Cable alternatives
We are moving to a place where we are unable to get...
mrsgym
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™