Help ID a Hinge (with pics)!!

skylynMay 28, 2009

I've got to replace some hinges on my old cabinets but they are a weird style and I can't find them at any local places (HD/Lowes etc.). I saw some similar ones online but I'm not sure if they are right. So, I am appealing here, please help! Below is a pic of one of the hinges with some dimensions. Let me know what you think...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Is that a second connected plate in front of your finger like the one pinched by your thumb and finger? I think I've seen that kind years ago. And is that a bolt/post on the front side of the right part at the 1" arrow?
You might continue to have a problem finding them. Scour the search engines and then you may want to replace them all at some point if you can't find them.
Not seeing more angles makes it a bit difficult to tell exactly what it looks like to do my own search.

Good luck with it. Maybe somebody else on here will recognize it right away and know where there are some.

    Bookmark   May 29, 2009 at 8:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Why do you need to replace them? If it is only for
cosmetic reasons, then you can refinish them, or have
them professionally re-plated.

    Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 8:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It is probably a proprietary hinge design made for a particular manufacturer. Crown Point uses something similar (with a threaded plate that fits into a routed notch to allow adjustment) but it doesn't have the half-inset, lipped feature I seem to be seeing here.
It may end up with you buying hinges with a similar door/cabinet relationship with a conventional mounting (screws).

    Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 1:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There are plastic-like pieces that are broken and most of these hinges now sag, so it is not for cosmetic purposes.

yes, that second piece is connected. the bolt/screw goes into the back of the cabinet door.

    Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 7:44PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Gable Vent Color Suggestions- Insight please
Hopefully someone can give me insight! We recently...
How to safely pull down attic stairs in 12' ceiling
Hello all, I am buying a house with 12' ceilings and...
Door knob
My front door knob screws won't stay tight so if I...
Heating tool
Picked this for free at an estate sale. Wood burning,...
Andersen patio door repair
My 20-year old Anderson patio sliding glass door is...
Sponsored Products
Beadworx Pink Pig Hand-Crafted Beaded Night Light
$59.91 | Lamps Plus
Linen Cleo 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
George Kovacs Cubism 24" Wide Chrome LED Bath Light
Euro Style Lighting
Designers Fountain Outdoor Wellington LED22021 Wall Lantern - Mystic Bronze - LE
$159.50 | Hayneedle
Gray Choti Braided Jute Rug
$29.99 | zulily
Canova Chocolate Blackout Window Valance
$11.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™