Bath tile question

hilltop_gwMay 24, 2010

I'd like to replace the green marble double sink we currently have in our master bath with a more neutral color. That's an easy fix. But, the area around the jacuzzi is white tile with a row of green square tile and also a row of green rope tile. Can the green tile be cut out and replaced very easily? Or should I try painting over? I'd prefer to replace, if it's not too difficult. Neither row of green tile is in an area that gets water.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Laurie

We're currently going through a similar situation. Our bathroom was done in the Art Deco era, tiles are lilac and black and several of the lilac tiles around the room are cracked. Lilac, is not easily replaceable but, black is. Since the shower needs major repair anyway, what we're doing is having all the tiles removed from the shower (which is a black and lilac pattern, mostly lilac). The contractor is cutting out the wallboard in it's entirety and what will happen is we'll be soaking the board and he's told us the tiles will peel off the board quite easily.

Plumber will install new pan and fixtures in the interim, then tile guy will come in and first repair cracked tile around the room with as many lilac tiles as he needs from the shower, then he'll re-tile shower using newly purchased black tiles and leftover black and lilac tiles in a new pattern.

Don't know if this helps but that's how we're handling it. Don't know if you can do the same around the jacuzzi or not but it's a thought.

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 7:44PM
More Discussions
Sidewalk crack
Any way to fill/hide this crack? I could cut slot wider....
stoveguyy
How to stop leak in flat low slope roof
We have a low slope roof over our sunroom and car port....
thebigad
T1-11 siding: Replacing rusted z-flashing?
I have several questions about z-flashing for T1-11...
rogerv_gw
What is this stove part called
Found this item in the oven, I know it came from the...
pegasus101
Cellulose Insulation - Do we really need the blower?
We have 8 to 10 packages of cellulose insulation that...
kendog2
Sponsored Products
VIGO Copper Shapes Glass Vessel Waterfall Brushed Nickel Faucet Set
Overstock.com
Pewter Whitehaus 614.865PR Shower Set with Valve Tub Filler & Diver
$399.00 | Blue Bath
Light Blue Fish Hooded Towel
$9.99 | zulily
Kichler Claro Transitional Bath Vanity Light
1800Lighting
Area Rug: Party Tiles Brown/Cream 7' 6" x 9' 6"
Home Depot
AICO Furniture - Villa Valencia Rectangular Dining Room Set -...
Great Furniture Deal
Satin Nickel Three-Light Bath Light with Faux Alabaster Glass
$93.90 | Bellacor
Stone Tile Mosaic Tissue Box Cover - IVORY (TISSUE HOLDER)
$225.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™