Bath tile question

hilltop_gwMay 24, 2010

I'd like to replace the green marble double sink we currently have in our master bath with a more neutral color. That's an easy fix. But, the area around the jacuzzi is white tile with a row of green square tile and also a row of green rope tile. Can the green tile be cut out and replaced very easily? Or should I try painting over? I'd prefer to replace, if it's not too difficult. Neither row of green tile is in an area that gets water.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Laurie

We're currently going through a similar situation. Our bathroom was done in the Art Deco era, tiles are lilac and black and several of the lilac tiles around the room are cracked. Lilac, is not easily replaceable but, black is. Since the shower needs major repair anyway, what we're doing is having all the tiles removed from the shower (which is a black and lilac pattern, mostly lilac). The contractor is cutting out the wallboard in it's entirety and what will happen is we'll be soaking the board and he's told us the tiles will peel off the board quite easily.

Plumber will install new pan and fixtures in the interim, then tile guy will come in and first repair cracked tile around the room with as many lilac tiles as he needs from the shower, then he'll re-tile shower using newly purchased black tiles and leftover black and lilac tiles in a new pattern.

Don't know if this helps but that's how we're handling it. Don't know if you can do the same around the jacuzzi or not but it's a thought.

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 7:44PM
More Discussions
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
wheelie
Help with rough, ugly laminate counter edges
Hello, we recently put in new laminate countertops...
Elizabeth Loparco
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
I know that lumber is smaller than actually stated...
tlbean2004
Fixing Spanish Plaster and plaster interior walls (1933 house)
We live in a 1933 Lannon stone home (Lannon stone is...
rachelep
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™