Scanner Recommendation

krikitOctober 20, 2011

I've been trying to decide which flatbed scanner to purchase - I want a scanner only, and have been looking at Canon, Epson, and HP in say the $75 to $100 range - wouldn't mind going a little over if it was a really good scanner. I'm hoping to scan old 35mm prints. I had an HP scanner for several years and liked it, but my old computer died and when I got a new one with windows7 it doesn't work with it. So, I'm looking for a new scanner - considered another HP but read reviews that the software is terrible. Thanks in advance!

Frances

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
urlee

Hi krikit,
I am an Epson person myself.
I was using scanner only but recently purchased an all in one which now serves me well for the scanning part.
The other one did have the option of doing negatives and slides but I didn't go into that.

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 8:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AllFiredUp

I realize that this posting is two years old, but I wanted to share my input/advice/experience for anyone else who happens to be shopping for a flatbed scanner!

The Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 is the best photo and document scanner I've ever used. It bought it on sale from Newegg.com for $90 about 18 months ago and I love it. It's thin and light enough to fit in my laptop bag with my 14" laptop AND it is powered by the USB connection that it uses to transfer data.

It's awesome.

Bookmark   November 26, 2013 at 5:59AM
More Discussions
color matching
Hi. This is a color question. I am in the market for...
daisymaewi5
How to lighten photos
I recently bought a HP deskjet 2541 printer (PSC)....
perk2
Collage made up of thought bubbles
I saw this collage on the net and I'd like to do it...
seaswirl
test photo
just test pic
themaid
Crape myrtle black dots
Just had trees delivered today. My crape myrtle has...
wezzie321
Sponsored Products
Ingo Maurer | Maru Suspension Light
YLighting
Slate Tile: MS International Flooring Peacock 16 in. x 16 in. Gauged Slate
$2.48 | Home Depot
White Adjustable Nursing Stool
$28.99 | zulily
Paisley Rain Giclee Set of Four Shades 3x6x5 (Clip-On)
$49.99 | Lamps Plus
Geo Medallion Rug 2' x 3' - WHITE/ORANGE
$129.00 | Horchow
Sonora Wall Sconce
$143.00 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™