Multi-tool vs dremel
I'm thinking about getting either a multi-tool (oscillating) or a Dremel-type tool (rotary). I'm wondering if there are advantages to either one--are there some things one can do that the other just can't?
I already have many standard power tools (reciprocating saw, jig saw, miter saw, circular saw, drill and impact driver, angle grinder, air compressor and nailers...).
Things I thought I might use these types of tools for are:
- cutting a square hole out of hardwood floor for an air duct (although nails that aren't visible through the tongue & groove could make this tricky)
- cutting sheet metal ducts and gutter downspouts
- cutting notches out of tile for backsplash going around back of sink
- small routing jobs (hinge mortises)
- cutting holes in drywall
- detail sanding
- cutting existing trim and baseboard shorter to install a cabinet
If I can only buy just one, which one would you buy and why?