cost of raising a house up? (long island,ny)

mobgirl86May 7, 2009

Hi. I'm interested in purchasing a house that has no crawl space, no basement. I was told by the realtor that the house at one point flooded with 4 feet of water. The house is in a bay area in Island Park, NY. The price is reasonable but I have no idea the costs associated with adding a foundation or raising a house up. Does anyone have any advice or ideas of the costs? It's a small house, the lot is only 40x50, a very small 3bdrm "cottage". Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mightyanvil

same post on two other forums - a little restraint would be appreciated

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 3:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klaire2001

You need to talk with a *local* house moving company. Probably several. There are many things which can go wrong with this job. It sounds like the house would be moved backwards, a basement built, and the house returned to its new place. I am pretty sure it will cost at least $50,000 with the new basement - but it could be double that or more.

When you talk with the house movers, they will probably know exactly which house you are asking about - I am sure others have pursued this option. Check the mover's insurance status *very carefully* before you sign up for this job.

Bookmark   May 10, 2009 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
betty_joanne
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
wheelie
Curtain Rods
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so my apologies...
newquilter
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™